It is imperative that every cook has a knock-out recipe that also freezes beautifully in their collection to have on hand when the situation arrives for a potluck, late night at work, or a friend/relative needs a little help in the meal department.
I don’t know about you but when I have a friend or family member in need, dropping off a nice, comforting meal always makes me feel like I am contributing when I don’t know how else to help. And if you already have one of these babies in the freezer ready to go, its effortless!
We found this recipe on Six Sisters’ Stuff blog via Pinterest and it makes 2-8×8 pans of baked Ziti so it is the perfect amount to eat one immediately for dinner and save one in the freezer for later!
- 1 pound dry ziti pasta (or really any kind of pasta would work- I actually used Penne pasta)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef (season with pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and minced garlic)
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce (I added a zucchini to my sauce just for more veggies!)
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 7-8 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 2 8×8 inch pans with non-stick cooking spray. Layer as follows in each pan: 1/4 of the ziti, 1/4 of the sauce, 4 slices of Provolone cheese, 1/2 of sour cream, 1/4 of ziti, 1/4 mozzarella cheese and 1/4 of sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Place 8×8 on top of cookie sheet in the oven to prevent spills and bake covered for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
Thanks for checking out our blog! Enjoy this article? Subscribe to our blog for daily updates featuring home and property listings in Clarksville, TN, recipe of the week, home and yard maintenance tips, up to date financing information, and more events going on around Clarksville. You can also find us on Facebook here and follow us on Pinterest here.
Home Run Real Estate Team