The crock pot has been a staple in American households since the 70s and there is a very good reason for that! There is nothing better than coming home from a long day at school or the office and having dinner ready and waiting on you.
So in the spirit of ease and convenience for you busy little worker bees, we thought we’d post this delicious recipe for Crock Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken from a lovely blog called No. 2 Pencil. To see the original recipe and to check out all of the cool things they are doing over at No. 2 Pencil, click here.
This recipe is visually pleasing and tastes so amazing, your family is sure to go nuts over it as ours has.
- 4 lemons
- 2-3 heads of garlic
- 1 whole chicken 4 to 5 pounds
- Fresh rosemary, or any fresh herbs
- All-purpose steak seasoning or salt and pepper
- Cut tops and bottoms off of 1-2 lemons and 1 head of garlic so that they lay flat, then cut in half and place in bottom of crock pot with a few sprigs of rosemary
- Remove insides from chicken, rinse, and pat dry
- Season inside and outside of chicken liberally (for extra moisture, combine seasoning with softened butter and rub inside cavity and under skin
- Stuff the inside with a head of garlic cut in half and a lemon quartered and place on top of garlic/ lemon layer in bottom of crock pot
- Cover the top with any additional lemon slices, garlic and rosemary
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hrs or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees
- Allow chicken to rest for 15 mins, carve, and enjoy!
Thanks for checking out our blog! Enjoy this article? Subscribe to our blog for daily updates featuring home and property listings in Clarksville, TN, recipe of the week, home and yard maintenance tips, up to date financing information, and more events going on around Clarksville. You can also find us on Facebook here and follow us on Pinterest here.
Home Run Real Estate Team