6 Simple Ways to Add Curb Appeal to Your Home for Under $100
Curb appeal can absolutely mean the difference between selling your home and not! if the outside of your house looks old, dumpy, or outdated, clients will likely not even walk inside the home to take a better look. and if you are not showing your home, then you will not sell your home. Make your home attractive to realtors and home buyers alike to significantly inrease your chances of selling your home and possibly even add value to your listing price.
Thanks to our good friends over at DIY Network, we’ve stumbled across this article giving 6 ways to add curb appeal to your home for under $100.
1. Paint trim, shutters, and/ or door ($25-$100) – exterior paint averages about $25 per gallon with the average house needing only about 4 gallons for these items. The color doesn’t have to be an exact match as the previous color. It can be a chance for you to brighten up the outside or add a little color. Just be sure that the color you choose is complimentary with the color of the brick, siding, or wood of the main exterior.
2. Upgrade your mailbox ($10-$100) – this is a project that can vary widely in price depending on whether you go all out and have a custom brick mailbox built or you ride down to your local hardware store and pick up a nice new box to install yourself. Be sure to check with your local and neighborhood rules to insure that the new box is up to standards
3. Install new house numbers ($2-$50) – again, you can go as expensive as you want with this project. There are plenty of really cool customized house numbers that you can purchase including some with lights or focal pieces to your home or you could just update your numbers to modern metallic numbers for $2 per number.
4. Replace exterior light fixtures ($20-$100) – light fixtures can really date your house. Purchasing new, modern light fixtures can not only improve the look of your house, but they may even lower you electric bill if you find a low energy fixture and bulb.
5. Plant a tree or two ($25-$100) – any landscaping done to the yard will add color and make your yard pop. Trees are a great way to add curb appeal to your house. If you have plenty of room, add 2 trees to frame your house or entry way for a bigger statement
6. Install flower boxes ($25 +) – Again, any colored landscape will make your house stand out. If flower boxes aren’t your thing, frame the entry way with some potted plants or do a little maintenance to your front flower beds just remember to keep it simple and uncluttered.
Thanks for checking out our blog! Enjoy this article? Subscribe to our blog for daily updates featuring home and property listings in Clarksville, TN, recipe of the week, home and yard maintenance tips, up to date financing information, and more events going on around Clarksville. You can also find us on Facebook here and follow us on Pinterest here.
Home Run Real Estate Team