The lovely folks over at popular mechanics posted this great article on the top things to check in your home to ensure that you won’t need more costly repairs in the future. We’ve broken these up into monthly, quarterly and yearly tasks for easier reading. Be sure to check out the full article here for more tips.
- Test your garage door – make sure that it reverses immediately when something is obstructing the door from closing. If this feature stops working, it could really be dangerous for small children, pets, your car, and the garage door itself!
- Test the GFCI outlets – press the test button while using a voltage tester to make sure the voltage reads 0.
- Replace Furnace Filters – Dust can build up and become a fire hazard, not to mention it will spark terrible allergies for you and your family!
- Clean leaves and debris away from the a.c. condenser – this will ensure that the unit is working at peak capacity
- Vacuum Dryer Exhaust Vent – to prevent a fire hazard from all of those little lent pieces that build up throughout the year
- Vacuum refrigerator coils – to ensure that unit is working properly and doesnt overheat
- Have the fireplace cleaned and inspected to prevent house fires
- Inspect window and door caulking – make sure you aren’t losing valuable heat and air conditioning to the outdoors!
- Replace Smoke detector batteries and back up batteries
Thanks for checking out our blog! Enjoy this article? Subscribe to our blog for daily updates featuring home and property listings in Clarksville, TN, recipe of the week, home and yard maintenance tips, up to date financing information, and more events going on around Clarksville. You can also find us on Facebook here and follow us on Pinterest here.
Chris Sutton Realtor & Auctioneer
Reliant Realty & Reliant Realty Auction Division
Home Run Real Estate Team