I found this great article on toptennewhomescommunity.com with some great tips on how o stage your home to sell faster. This list was so great and concise that there is little room to make other suggestions! be sure to check out their blog for other tips on articles regarding new housing markets.
- Remove all personal items – I know this sounds harsh, but removing all personal and sentimental items including family photos, knick-knacks, clutter, and collectibles really allows the potential buyer to envision themselves in the space. When they walk around looking at the 100’s of pictures of your pets and kids, it makes it difficult to look past and view the space and imagine how they can decorate and position their own furniture and personal items.
- Keep rooms clutter free – clean out and organize all closets and the garage, and keep furniture and decor minimalistic. ( you may need to make the rooms less functional for your family for a little bit in order to open up and de-clutter public spaces.
- Keep all decor neutral and fresh with only a few touches of color here and their. Ditch the taste specific art and furniture.
- Use mirrors to make spaces look bigger and brighter.
- Set the table and bedrooms to be ready for overnight guests. Like a B&B, fluffy towels in the bathroom, a throw blanket and breakfast tray on the bed make spaces look inviting for potential buyers.
- Arrange living room furniture to make it the perfect setting for a conversation not centered around the tv. In fact, it might be a good idea to cover that flat screen with a large mirror or remove it altogether.
Thanks for checking out our blog! Enjoy this article? Subscribe to our blog for daily updates featuring home and property listings in Clarksville, TN, recipe of the week, home and yard maintenance tips, up to date financing information, and more events going on around Clarksville. You can also find us on Facebook here and follow us on Pinterest here.
Home Run Real Estate Team